Social Security Disability
Social Security Attorney in SC
If you can’t work because you have a disability and need help applying for benefits, contact the SD benefits attorneys at Calcutt Law Firm We can file a claim on your behalf or assist you in appealing a denied claim. Our team of experienced professionals has the resources, knowledge, and skills to handle your case effectively and ensure you receive the benefit payments you need from the Social Security Administration.
Social Security Disability Insurance, or SSD, is a government program that provides payments to people who are disabled and unable to maintain gainful employment. It’s a crucial insurance benefit for you and your family that could help you pay for daily expenses and enables you to get medical treatment for your injury.
When you apply, there’s a specific procedure you need to follow and deadlines you can’t miss. Our Florence social security disability lawyers understand the regulations issued by the SSA and how to pursue claims effectively.
SSD is for workers who paid into Social Security. When an injury, illness, or disability limits an individual’s ability to work, SSD is available to those who qualify.
Get the information you need to collect the benefits you deserve. Call Steve Calcutt at (843) 662-5878, or contact us online today for a FREE consultation.
Do You Qualify for SSD?
The evaluation process follows strict criteria to determine an applicant’s eligibility. For example, the type of disability must be included in the Social Security Administration’s List of Impairments.
Types of disability in the SSA’s Listing of Impairments include:
- Musculoskeletal disorders: spine disorders, amputation(s), major fractures, osteoarthritis, etc.
- Special senses and speech disorders: blindness, hearing loss, or loss of speech due to any cause
- Respiratory disorders: chronic bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, lung transplantation, etc.
- Cardiovascular disorders: chronic heart failure, recurrent arrhythmias, heart transplant, etc.
- Digestive disorders: gastrointestinal hemorrhage, liver dysfunction, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), etc.
- Genitourinary system disorders: kidney disease, kidney transplant, etc.
- Skin disorders: Ichthyosis, dermatitis, burns, etc.
- Neurological disorders: epilepsy, parkinsonian syndrome, multiple sclerosis (MS), amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), traumatic brain injury (TBI), etc.
- Mental disorders: There are currently 11 categories of mental disorders. Click here for a complete list.
- Cancer: lymphoma, leukemia, breast cancer, prostate cancer, etc.
- Immune system disorders: lupus, systemic sclerosis (scleroderma), inflammatory arthritis, etc.
Disability evaluation is a complex process that involves multiple agencies, medical professionals, and sometimes an administrative law judge should a claim determination be disputed.
If you’re unable to work because of an illness, injury, or disability, you may be entitled to SSD.
At the Calcutt Law Firm, we understand how important SSD payments can be for injured workers and their families. And we’re proud to support members of our community in Florence and other nearby areas in South Carolina.
Call our Florence social security disability lawyers today at 843-662-5878 or contact us online.